Rhode Island Birth Injury Attorney
Providence Childbirth Injuries Lawyer
The birth of a child should be a joyous time. Unfortunately, complications can arise during the delivery process that result in permanent injury to the baby. In fact, seven out of every 1000 births in the U.S. result in birth injuries caused by the negligence of a health care professional.
At DeLuca & Weizenbaum, our team of experienced Rhode Island birth injury lawyers helps parents seek compensation for children who have suffered serious injuries during delivery. Contact us today at our offices in Providence to schedule a free consultation.
Identifying the Causes of Your Child's Injuries
Not every birth injury is the result of medical malpractice. However, an improperly handled or delayed delivery can significantly increase the risk of complications. Doctors are also expected to follow the correct procedures in dealing with those complications.
Our firm represents children and parents in claims against OB-GYNs and other medical personnel for all types of birth injuries, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Brain injuries during birth: Oxygen deprivation during childbirth can seriously injure the child's brain, resulting in developmental delays, intellectual disabilities and other conditions.
- Cerebral palsy: One potential consequence of a brain injury during delivery is cerebral palsy, a serious and incurable condition affecting a child's motor functions.
- Erb's palsy: Nerve damage due to shoulder dystocia is the most common cause of Erb's palsy, a form of paralysis that can have long-term consequences.
- Dropping of newborns: Any injury that occurs when a child is dropped during or immediately after delivery may be the result of medical malpractice.
- Forceps injuries: Forceps should only be used during childbirth in rare instances, as they can cause bruising and other serious injuries to the child.
- Postpartum negligence: If the mother is not given proper treatment after delivery, she may end up suffering infections, infertility and other serious consequences.
Our experienced trial attorneys are fully prepared to litigate your case if necessary with the support of cutting-edge technology and credible experts. We will not charge you a fee unless we help you obtain compensation. Don't hesitate to contact us to discuss how we can help.