"My work has always been on behalf of the people facing powers much greater than themselves and getting a measure of justice for them."
888-876-9415 (Toll Free)
Miriam Weizenbaum is a trial lawyer who practices in the areas of Medical Negligence, Product Liability, and Catastrophic Injury.
Ms. Weizenbaum attended Simon's Rock College of Bard at the age of sixteen. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree and then worked as a community organizer in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and with Physicians for Social Responsibility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In 1986, she received her Juris Doctorate from Temple University in Philadelphia, where she was a founding member of a student-run clinic assisting people denied public benefits. Following graduation, she worked as an Assistant Public Defender in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, representing defendants in misdemeanor, felony and death penalty cases. In 1995, she established the law firm of DeLuca & Weizenbaum, Ltd., with Amato DeLuca.
Her professional memberships include the Rhode Island Bar Association, the Rhode Island Superior Court Bench/Bar Committee, the Rhode Island Civil Liberties Union, the American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA) and the Rhode Island Trial Lawyers. Ms. Weizenbaum also serves as an officer and on the Governing Board of the Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association.
Ms. Weizenbaum has lectured for the American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA) in the areas of medical negligence and trial practice.
Miriam Weizenbaum is admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar and the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania and is also admitted to practice law before the courts of the State of Rhode Island, the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island and the Courts of Appeal for the First and Fourth Circuits.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Negligence
- Product Liability
- Catastrophic Injury
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Simon's Rock Early College, Great Barrington, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1980
- Major: Social Science
- Lectured, American Association for Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- The Rhode Island Superior Court Bench/Bar Committee, Member
- Rhode Island Civil Liberties Union, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- The Rhode Island Trial Lawyers, Member
- Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association, Officer and on the Governing Board