Jeffrey A. Mega
Jeffrey A. Mega
888-876-9415 (Toll Free)
Jeffrey Mega is a trial lawyer who practices in the areas of Medical Negligence, Product Liability, and Catastrophic Injury.
Jeff earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from Roger Williams University in 1995. In 2001, Jeff earned his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Suffolk University Law School. Jeff's experience includes trying personal injury cases to verdict on behalf of plaintiffs.
Before joining Deluca & Weizenbaum, Ltd. in 2010, Jeff worked as an attorney in the litigation department of a large law firm in Providence, Rhode Island, handling matters including toxic tort litigation. Jeff also previously worked as an associate attorney at a Providence, Rhode Island law firm which specializes in Medical Negligence.
Jeff is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association, American Bar Association, Rhode Island Association for Justice, American Association for Justice, and the Justinian Law Society. In October, 2006, Jeff was honored by the Democratic Party of Rhode Island for exemplary service and commitment to the principles of the Democratic Party. In 2008, Jeff was appointed by the Honorable William J. Murphy, Speaker of the Rhode Island House of Representatives, to the Special Legislative Commission to Study All Aspects of the State Pension and Retirement System, which convened for more than one year and ultimately issued a report in June, 2009.
Jeff is admitted to practice law in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He is also admitted to the U.S. District Court, Districts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts, and the U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Negligence
- Product Liability
- Catastrophic Injury
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. (Cum Laude) - 2001
- Roger Williams University
- B.A. - Business Administration - 1995
Honors and Awards
- Appointed to the Rhode Island House of Representative Pension Study Commission
- Honored by the Democratic Party of Rhode Island for exemplary service and commitment to the principles of the Democratic Party
- Appointed by the Honorable William J. Murphy, Speaker of the Rhode Island House of Representatives, to the Special Legislative Commission to Study All Aspects of the State Pension and Retirement System
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Justinian Law Society, Member