Amato A. DeLuca
"I love what I do and I particularly enjoy working with juries – ordinary people fulfilling their civic duty and doing their best to serve justice."
Amato A. DeLuca
888-876-9415 (Toll Free)
Amato DeLuca has practiced law for more than three decades, focusing his work in the areas of Medical Negligence, Catastrophic Injury, and Product Liability.
Amato earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Bridgeport, then served in the U.S. Army for two years before earning his Juris Doctorate at Suffolk University. Aware of the importance of giving back to the community, Amato volunteered his time doing civil rights work for the ACLU after graduating from law school. In 1995, he established the law firm of DeLuca & Weizenbaum, Ltd., with Miriam Weizenbaum.
His professional memberships include Federal Bar Association (Vice-President, 1982-1983, President Elect, 1983, and President, 1984-1985, National Delegate, 1985-1997, Rhode Island Chapter) and American Bar Associations; The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Vice-President, Counsel of President, 1993-1994; Board of Governors, 1995—); Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Governors, 1986—; Vice-President, 1988-1990; President Elect, 1990-1992; President, 1992-1994); American Inns of Court (Rhode Island Chapter President, 1994-1995); American Board of Trial Advocacy (Vice-President, 1994—); Fellow; Rhode Island Bar Foundation Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy; Best Lawyers in America, 2005-present; International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Amato has published and lectured extensively in his field of practice. His authorships include, HMO: Professional Liability-Reporter 1995, ATLA-HMO, 1995; and Essentials of Civil Litigation, ATLA 1996. Among his notable lecture presentations are: Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association: Proof of Damages, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Rhode Island Rules of Civil Procedure; Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association: Trial Preparation; Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association: Winning with the Masters; Rhode Island Bar Association: Torts and Insurance, Rhode Island Rules of Civil Procedure; The Association of Trial Lawyers of America: Medical Malpractice and HMO's, Use of Focus Groups in Litigation, Essentials of Civil Litigation, Overcoming Juror Bias; Countering Negative Juror Perceptions and Beliefs; American Association for Justice: Juror Psychodynamics.
Amato DeLuca is admitted to practice law in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He is also admitted to the U.S. District Court, Districts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts, the U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Attorney DeLuca was recently featured on the New England SuperLawyers Magazine.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Negligence
- Catastrophic Injury
- Product Liability
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Advocacy
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1973
- University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- B.A. - 1968
- Lecturer, Proof of Damages, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Rhode Island Rules of Civil Procedure, Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer, Trial Preparation, Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer, Torts and Insurance, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Lecturer, Rhode Island Rules of Civil Procedure, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Lecturer, Medical Malpractice and HMO's, Use of Focus Group in Litigation, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2005 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association, President, 1992 - 1994
- Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association, President Elect, 1990 - 1992
- American Association for Justice, Vice President, Counsel of President, 1993 - 1994
- American Association for Justice, Member, Board of Governors, 1995 - Present
- American Inns of Court, Rhode Island Chapter, President, 1994 - 1995
- American Board of Trial Advocacy, Vice President, 1994 - Present
- Federal Bar Association, Rhode Island Chapter, President, 1984 - 1985
- Federal Bar Association, Rhode Island Chapter, President Elect, 1983 - 1984
- Federal Bar Association, Rhode Island Chapter, Vice President, 1982 - 1983
- American Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2006 - Present