The attorneys at the law firm of DeLuca & Weizenbaum, Ltd., serve as committed advocates for the community. Some of the ways we give back to the state of Rhode Island include:
- Providing pro bono representation to a group of students from Hope High School in their efforts to fight the school's plan to make significant cuts to teacher-planning time.
- Providing pro bono legal representation to the Occupy Providence movement, protecting firm amendment rights.
- Providing volunteer legal services to the Rhode Island branch of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
- An underwriter of National Public Radio.
- Proud contributors to and sponsors of events to benefit the Rhode Island Community Food Bank.
- Providing services to the Rhode Island Coalition for the Homeless.
- Amato DeLuca has served on the Rhode Island Sierra Club's Executive Committee.
- Miriam Weizenbaum serves on the board of directors for the Rhode Island Free Clinic.
- Miriam Weizenbaum serves on the advisory board for the Providence Student Union, which is designed to empower high school students throughout the Providence area.
The commitment of our lawyers to the community at large helps show that we are truly a "law firm for the people."